In addition to setting up Google Meet breakout rooms in advance in Google Calendar, meeting organizers can also:
- Turn meeting safety features on or off, such as chat lock, present lock, and more.
- Designate co-hosts before the meeting.
We hope that by allowing meeting hosts to pre-configure additional settings and assign co-hosts, meetings can flow more smoothly.
- Admins: Visit the Help Center to learn more about managing Meet safety settings and Host Management.
- End users: To configure host control and co-host options when scheduling a meeting in Google Calendar, select “Add Google Meet video conferencing” > “Video call options” (gear icon) > Host controls or Co-hosts.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on April 20, 2022
- Available to all Google Workspace customers, as well as legacy G Suite Basic and Business customers.
- Available to users with a personal Google account
- Available to Google Workspace Essentials, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Business Standard, Business Plus, Education Fundamentals, Education Standard, Education Plus, and Teaching and Learning Upgrade customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Business Starter, Frontline, and Nonprofits, as well as legacy G Suite Basic and Business customers